Monday, May 4, 2015

Thank You for Your Support

On Saturday, May 2, 2015 I received the UMD Charlton College of Business Beta Gamma Sigma Thomas J. Higginson teaching award for excellence in teaching.  I am told that our senior business majors vote on this.  I was recognized with my colleagues Dr. Nora Barnes, Dr. Godwin Ariguzo, and Dr. Chris Papenhausen.  It was an honor for me to be recognized with those folks!  I want to than all the people who voted for me.  Apparently, some students mentioned my work with this blog and with internships in general as one of their motivations for voting for me and I appreciate that.  I also take great pride in serving all of you within the classroom and will continue to work hard to be worth of the Higginson award.  Tommy Higginson was a local guy (Fall River) and taught here for many years in our Management Department.  I knew him well.  He passed away a few years ago but his memory lives on with this award.  Tommy loved helping students and took great pride in getting students launched into great careers.  Thanks again.